These days, there has been greater emphasis on Climate Change and it severely affected
almost all the physical and biological components of the Planet Earth. Apart from the climate change, biodiversity loss and wetland degradation are another important areas on which the impact of climate change are clearly visible. Thus urgent and serious attention is needed for these issues. Innovative ideas should come out for solving the existing problems and People’s participation should be encouraged for suitable activities in the areas of Climate Change, Biodiversity and Wetlands.
Realizing the above facts, the Indian Environmental Society in association with GLOBE Regional Office for Asia-Pacific organized a seminar on “Biodiversity, Wetlands and Climate Change” at the International Centre, Goa in September 2010.
This seminar was organized with the following aim and objectives:-
1. To identify the reasons for climate change
2. To highlight the role of human activities for climate change
3. To identify the impact of climate change on wetlands and biodiversity
4. To find out solutions for the existing problems in the area of biodiversity, wetlands and Climate Change
5. To identify different activities carried out by the people all over the world. And the observed results/ benefits of those activities
6. To find out the suitable strategy for improving people’s participation in these areas.
Topics of the Seminar included:-
IES also conducted a Series of Seminar on “People’s Agenda on Climate Change (At Goa) at Don Bosco School, M. G. Road, Panjim (Goa) from February 26-27, 2010 .
Future projects includes:-
Series of Seminar on “People’s Agenda on Climate Change (At Puri, Darjeeling, and New Delhi)
CONFERENCE ON “EARTH SCIENCE AND CLIMATE CHANGE RESEARCH” At the International Center Goa- India, September 25-28, 2011-
The conference will be attended by the scientists, research scholars, academicians, youths including students and teachers, representatives from various NGOs and companies from all over the world. These days the Climate Change is the hot issue and it puts greater impacts on every fragment of earth system. Thus it needs urgent attention.
The main focus of the conference will be to promote and encourage Research Campaign on Earth Science and Climate Change and sharing research ideas and methodologies related to Earth Science and Climate Change Research. The conference will also help in developing a strong network among scientists, academicians, voluntary organizations, Youths including students and teachers along with community people.
1. Climate Change
2. Biodiversity Conservation
3. Wetlands protection
4. Students campaign on Earth Sciences